Paratex Dry is a 100% waterproof fabric (hydrophilic polyurethane coating) with a hydrostatic head in excess of 5000mm (items with a hydro static head in excess of 1500mm are generally considered waterproof)
What it is:
100% waterproof fabric (Hydrophillic Polyurathane Coating)
How it works:
Closely constructed fabric with a ripstop construction. Teamed with a Hydrophillic Polyurathane (PU) which transfers water vapour chemically from the inside to the outside (due to the temperature differential between the inside of the product and out)
- 100% Waterproof with a HydroStatic Head in Excess of 5000mm (Items with a Hydrostatic Head over 1500mm are generally considered waterproof)
- Only ever used in fully taped seamed systems.
- Ripstop Weave
- Breathable (will transmit up to 7.5 litres of moisture per m2 per 24 hours)
- Soft to the touch
- Completely Windproof (trapping and stopping the movement of warm air in the sleeping bag or Garment)
- Outer Fabric treated with a Durable Water Repellant. (water repellency can be maintained by a cool tumble dry after washing and periodic retreatment with suitable after care products such as Nikwax or Grangers)
- Completely manufactured within Europe (Extruded, Woven and Dyed & Finished)
Where it is used:
As a breathable Bivvi Bag (Waterproof sleeping bag outer) or a shell fabric in waterproof jackets. It is important to note that as this solid coating air can not pass so care should be taken not to completely seal any bivvi bag system to prevent suffocation.